Inspirational people part 1
A quick fire interview with pampeano’s photographer; James Lyon shows us his true colours.
“Born in Twickenham, trained as a Designer/Art Director now a Photographer, shooting mainly fashion and commercial. What gives me greatest satisfaction in my work is showing normal people how beautiful they are. I campaign for greater diversity on the catwalk and in the media and I’m a director of Models of Diversity. I have a passion for automatic watches, rugby, roses, fly-fishing, endurance racing, horses, shoes and nice soap. My favourite film is Pulp Fiction and my heroes as far as photography is concerned are John Swannell and the late great Bob Carlos Clarke.
1. What is the most important quality required to do your job?
Knowing how light works and how to capture it.
2. What do you do when you’re bored?
Honestly, I’m never bored, there are far too many wonderful things in life to be doing, just not enough time!
3. What is your favourite colour?
4. Style is…?
Not having to check yourself in the mirror.
5. What would you call your autobiography?
“Confusion searching for perfection”.
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
South America. Been there once [Brazil] and loved it. Such a vast continent with many cultures and sights to see.
7. What are you most proud of?
8. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Unpredictable, unflappable, undecided.
9. What do you love most about pampeano?
Its authenticity, quality and design.
10. What do you wear your pampeano polo belt with?
Bright, skinny, 5-pocket western trousers.
11. What do you look for when buying leather accessories?
Quality and authenticity.
12. Which super power would you most like to have?
To turn war into love.
13. What’s your signature dance move?
14. What’s the phrase or word you over-use the most?
The devil is in the detail.
15. Who inspired you growing up?
16. What was the last photo that you took with your phone?
Basingstoke Canal at Church Crookham.
17. Who would you most like to be stuck in an elevator with?
18. How do you think other people would describe you?
Too honest, a bit unhinged at times, known for wearing bright colours.
19. Favourite restaurant?
The avenue, St. James’.
20. Something you can’t live without?
Have you got somebody in your life who is inspirational and deserves recognition? Say thank you by nominating them to win a personalised pampeano polo belt worth £83. Click HERE to tell us why they should be recognised and we’ll be in touch with one deserving winner.