Inspirational people: part II
Sophie St Clair is a show jumper from Southern California. She aspires to be a professional grand prix rider. Sophie has twice been invited to field a Zone 10 team for the US Pony Jumper Finals, has finished with top placings in the Horse of the Year standings and as anchor rider delivered her team to a silver medal finish at the West Regional Children's Jumper Championship. Sophie was selected for the Emerging Athletes Programme meant to develop a talent pool for national and international level competition. When she's not competing she uses her skills as a writer for Sidelines Magazine, Horse & Style Magazine and West Palms Events. To keep up with Sophie and her life on the show circuit follow her at:
1. What is the most important quality required to do your job?
For me, determination has been the number one thing that's helped me in my riding and in my life. You have to be willing to work hard for your dreams.
2. What do you do when you're bored?
I'm usually super busy between riding, school and writing my articles so I feel like there isn't much time to get bored.
3. What is your favourite colour?
Blue -The colour of first place ribbons, obviously.
4. What is your favourite drink?
5. What is your worst habit?
6. Style is.. ?
Down to Earth. I wear what makes me feel comfortable and allows me to express myself. Preferably something that I don't mind getting horse hair on.
7. What would you call your autobiography?
No guts, no glory.
8. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Tenacious, spunky, ambitious.
9. What do you love about pampeano?
The attention to detail and the authenticity of the products.
10. Favourite pampeano polo belt?
11. What do you wear your pampeano polo belt with?
All white show clothes. I like to wear them because they are a perfect pop of colour against neutral show wear.
12. What do you look for when buying leather accessories?
Since I'm an equestrian, finding well-made leather products that stand up to wear is critical. pampeano polo belts and accessories are just that and gorgeous too.
13. Which super power would you most like to have?
The power to read my horse's mind. Would come in handy when approaching a big fence!
14. What's your favourite joke?
The one about the chicken crossing the road. Only recently figured it out.
15. Who inspires you?
My parents. They've taught me to be resilient in the face of difficulty.
16. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would learn to be a professional DJ.
17. What was the last photo you took with your phone?
I think it was a picture of my dog after she got a haircut. She was wearing her pampeano collar and she wanted to show it off.
18. How do you think other people would describe you?
Too smart for my own good, fiercely independent, awesome -mother, father, little brother respectively.
19. Last thing you ate?
20. Something you can't live without?
My family. They mean the world to me.
Have you got somebody inspirational in your life who deserves recognition? Say thank you by nominating them to win a personalised pampeano polo belt woth £83 by clicking here and telling us why they are an inspiration to you and we'll be in touch with one deserving winner.