Inspirational people part 4
An exclusive, quick-fire interview with Jennifer Sims; equestrian fashion blogger and active show jumping competitor based in Los Angeles, California. Her passion for horses combined with a love of fashion is what led her to start StyledEquestrian.com. She loves discovering the latest trends in equestrian fashion and presenting them to her readers in a relatable and wearable way. Keep an eye out for her feature on pampeano coming soon.
1. What is the most important quality required to do your job?
One of the most important qualities required for me to be an innovative equestrian fashion blogger is the ability to relate to my followers. It’s not always about the most expensive brands, I enjoy supporting smaller businesses that you can’t find in every tack shop. I love introducing my followers to designs they haven’t seen before.
2. What do you do when you’re bored?
When I’m not riding or working on my blog, I spend my time with my husband and daughter. I also love cooking!
3. What is your favourite colour?
4. Are you a better singer or dancer?
Neither, although I am a sucker for karaoke with friends!!
5. What is your favourite drink?
6. What is your worst habit?
Being too hard on myself. I am a bit of a perfectionist!
7. What is the first thing you do every morning?
First thing in the morning I need my coffee!! Then of course I check my Instagram while enjoying my coffee!
8. And the last thing you do at night?
Usually joke around with my husband and daughter… They make me laugh more than anyone else!
9. Style is..?
Style is what you feel the most comfortable in. Trends come and go, but if you don’t feel good in it how can you look good in it?
10. What are you most proud of?
My daughter. She is constantly inspiring me. She has such a zest for life.
11. What is the best decision you have ever made?
To move to California from NJ after high school.
12. How would you describe yourself in three words?
Fun, real, determined.
13. What do you love about pampeano?
I love pampeano’s style! It’s classic with a bit of edge.
14. Favourite pampeano polo belt?
Sereno because I love the shades of dark and light blue together.
15. What do you wear your pampeano polo belt with?
White show breeches at competitions, tan and black breeches when riding the horses at home. Also jeans and a white t-shirt for a casual, classic look.
16. What do you look for when buying leather accessories?
17. What’s the phrase or word you over-use the most?
Rad. I use it way too much!!
18. Who inspired you growing up?
My mother. She is strong, hard-working and is real. She never puts on an act… What you see is what you get.
19. What was the last photo you took with your phone?
The Coliseum in Rome! I am travelling around Europe with my husband and daughter for 6 weeks. We started in London, then took a train to Paris. From there we rented a car and drove through France, Switzerland and Italy.
20. How do you think other people would describe you?
Outgoing, determined, honest.